Friday, July 9, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine Blanket

This blanket was my first real big project which I finished back in February 2010.  I was extremely happy and pleased with it.  It was just using two main stitches, knit and purl.  The pattern is extremely simple and fun to do.  And after the first two times of knitting the pattern, I had memorized it.  And even now, I still remember it.  :-)  The pattern is located at http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/free-knitting-patterns-for-baby-blankets2.htm. It took me a long time to complete mainly because of it's size and my limited time. The blanket was for a co-worker who's wife was having a baby due in January 2010.  BTW, I was trying to finish before the due date but the baby came a few weeks early.   :-)  Whenever I work on a project for a baby, I always think about them while I knit.  As they grow in their mother's tummy, so does the blanket with every stitch.  It is very special to me to make something for a baby because babies mean so much to me.  They hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment