Monday, July 12, 2010

New Projects - Joanna's Dress, Sue's Hat and a scarf for a friend

I love working on several projects at the same time.  I discovered that doing several projects at the same kept me from getting bored.  I also like working on different types of projects such as hats, scarves, small dresses and blankets in different yarns and weights.  Learning how to read patterns that include forming a garment such like in the case of Joanna's dress is fun.  I love challenges in my projects.  I am close to finishing the skirt part of Joanna's dress.  Once I have that finished it, I will be starting up the bodice.  I have to say that I really like this yarn,"It's A Wrap" from Sensations but it may be a bit heavy (75% Nylon 25% Wool) after the dress is done.  If that is the case then she can wear it in winter time and be nice and warm. :-)

The other project which I just recently started is a hat for my sister.  Since I finished my mom's hat, I wanted to start another hat.  For this new hat pattern, which incorporates cables, for me it has been exciting because it is the first time I have embedded cables in any pattern.  The yarn I chose is really nice and soft and the color is so yummy.  It is by Universal Yarn, Inc - Dolce Merino 50% Fine Merino 50% Micro Fiber.  Here is a view of stage I am in with this new hat.   I can't wait to finish it and see it completed.

The next project is a just a simple scarf for my friend.  She doesn't know about it yet so, I won't mention who she is just yet.  The nice thing about this scarf is the yarn.  It is so soft made from 49% Acrylic  51% Nylon from Sensations called "Beautiful" but it looks like mohair.  I hope she likes it.  I am almost done with this one! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment